Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
denise denise is offline

Default Convert to Numbers from Smart Icon - Won't save in Macro

Hi! How can I get something that seems to only work from a Smart Icon menu
to be saved as steps in a macro???

I am trying to get a very complicated macro to work that I have to break
down into different parts and it keeps failing because I can't get the macro
to record the Convert to Numbers action from the Smart icon. I have a column
of text comments that need to be converted so I can do a subtotal on them.
They are actually the dollar amount of their monthly donation but it's the
only option for entering it.

Any thoughts would be so welcome...