Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ignitedaz ignitedaz is offline

Default adding multiple cells together

Thanks for the advice but for some reason it is adding all of the entries in
only one cell. Here is the formula I used; =IF(GG!$B$2:$B$250='INDIVIDUAL
TOTAL'!$A5,COUNTIF(GG!$L$2:$L$250,"X"),"")

It seems to ignore the lookup for the initials which lie in B2:B250 and
A5... please help

"Gilbert" wrote:

Try using the following formula.

=IF(Sheet1!A1:A3=Sheet2!A1,COUNTIF(Sheet1!B1:B3,"x "),"")

Be sure to enter the correct sheet name and range.

"ignitedaz" wrote:

I'm trying to think of a formula to compare two cells together once they
match I need to count how many times another cell has an entry in it. Any
ideas?? For example one sheet has initials, and the other sheet has those
initials in it. Once it sees those initials it will count how many times
that other cell has an "X" in it.