cdb

Can you not EditReplace the ' with nothing just to leave you the numbers?

"Tray" wrote:

I have been provided a list of phone numbers in an excel spreadsheet. I am
trying to add a space in between the code and the remaining number
eg: 0412346567 becomes 0412 346567
I would usually go to format, custom and enter #### ######.
But after closer inspection, all the numbers have ' before them (although it
does not show in the cell). So I am unable to format them using the usual
method.
Is there any way I can do this. Excel Help said that if I go to Tools,
Options, Transitions, and untick "Transitions Navigations Keys", then the
apostrophies would be removed. However, it is already unticked!