Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Biff Biff is offline

Default Help with referencing please

Your setup is not conducive to being able to do this.

Instead of setting up the floors side by side you should set them up to be
stacked on top of each other. Like this:

Ground
data
data

First
data
data
data

Second
data
data

How many rooms are there? You would need one formula per room for every 5
minute increment. So, from 4:00 to 11:00 is 85 5 minute increments times
total number of rooms.

Biff

"Matt" wrote in message
I'll try and explain exactly how my spreadsheet is laid out and what i'm
trying to achieve.

The sheet is designed to log newspapers and wakeup calls that are ordered
by
guests in a hotel. I have the newspaper side of things working as
intended,
but the wakeup calls are giving me a headache.

It is laid out like this:-

Worksheet 1.

Columns A, B and C allocated to the ground floor.

Column A = Room numbers
Column B = requested Newspaper
Column C = Wakeup call

Columns D, E and F allocated to the first floor.

Column D = Room numbers
Column E = requested Newspaper
Column F = Wakeup call

Columns G, H and I allocated to the Second floor.

Column G = Room numbers
Column H = requested Newspaper
Column I = Wakeup call

Columns J, K and L allocated to the Third floor.

Column J = Room numbers
Column K = requested Newspaper
Column L = Wakeup call

Columns M, N and O allocated to the Fourth floor.

Column M = Room numbers
Column N = requested Newspaper
Column O = Wakeup call

Worksheet 2.

Column A has a list of times ranging from 4:00am to 11:00am at 5 minute
intervals. For example:-

4:00
4:05
4:10
4:15
etc. etc.

I what like the worksheet 2 to scan the wakeup call collumns in worksheet
1
(columns C, F, I, L and O) and return the room number next to the desired
times.

Hopefully, if possible, worksheet 2 would look something like this

TIME ROOM NUMBERS
6:00 79 170 176
6:05 75 171 189 190
6:10