Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roger Govier Roger Govier is offline

Default FIND LAST CELL WITH DATA

Hi Sharon

It depends upon the formula you are using for showing the balance in
column E.
If the result of the formula =0 because some other criterion has not
been met, then your formula may show 0 as being the last value.
If the cells below the what you regard as being the last value are
blank, then your Lookup formula will return the correct value.

For example
=IF(D7<"",E6+D7,0)
as opposed to
=IF(D7<"",E6+D7,"")

The first case will return 0, the second case will return the value of
the last cell in the range containing a value as opposed to being null

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"sharon" wrote in message
No. I have a spreadsheet that tracks a running balance in column E.
At the
top of the spreadsheet I want it to display the most current balance
by
picking up the last entry in the column.

" wrote:

Here's a macro that will do it and show the value in a message box,
is
this what you needed?

Sub LastValue()
Dim Mycell As Object
For Each Mycell In Range("E:E")
If Mycell.Value = "" Then
MsgBox Mycell.Offset(-1, 0)
Exit Sub
End If
Next
End Sub

Sandy

sharon wrote:
I am trying to display the last entry in a column. I am using the
following
formula:

=LOOKUP(9.99999999999999E+307,E6:E4000)

My result shows up as zero if cell E4000 has nothing in it.

I am looking for a formula the looks at the entire E column and
displays the
value of the last cell with a number in it.