Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
sjk153 sjk153 is offline

Default Excel Question

Try adding additional variables in your code for each number. For example:

Dim sReturn As String
Dim a As Integer
Dim b As String
Dim C As Integer

a = 2
b = "2/4"
c = 4

Select Case vsKettle

Case a
sReturn = "2"

Case b
sReturn = "2/4"

Case c
sReturn = "4"
End Select

"Mindie" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet that I am working on where I define some of the
information in an area on the excel sheet (For example I have 1/2, 1, 2, 2/4,
3, 4, 4/5, 5, 5/6. These fields are used for a drop down list on the same
excel sheet and allow them to pick one of these numbers within that cell. I
then take the information from that cell and input it on a cartoon to display
in an area on the cartoon based on what number that they are using for the
drop down list. For Example 2 would display in 2 and 2/4 would display in 4.
Unfortunately if I say 2 it displays in 2 if I say 2/4 it displays in 2 and
4 and I only want it to display in 4 not 2. Below is some code that I am
trying to use to allow that to happen but I think that I am missing
something. Can you help?

Dim sReturn As String

Select Case vsKettle

Case "2"