Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
schaapiee schaapiee is offline

Default CompareValues

I am looking for VB script to accomplish the requests below.

A. I need to be able to compare the numbers with the one above it, and
insert a row if the numbers are not the same..
BEFORE
01 01
01 01
01 01
02
02 02
02

B. If I have a column of numbers 12345, 11000, 11045, and so forth, I
want to be able to search the sheet for the items in this column and
remove the row of data if it ends in "5"
ie. ****5

C. I also want to do a search for the name column, return all values
where this is true, then cut the rows/columns where this is true into a
new sheet/or .xls file
ie.
wyoming 01 free blue
wyoming 02 free red
kansas 01
....this function would cut/paste the four columns and two or more rows
where I search for the word "wyoming"

D. I want to calculate a sum until it meets a row with a space,
calcthesum, the move down, calc next sum, etc..

E. I have a couple tables in Access, and want to replace values in
excel with corresponding values in Access.
ie. ID 16455 in excel
ID 16455, desc blahblah in Access
ID blahblah in excel after replace..

Thanks for helping me by addressing any of these issues, figured it
would be faster to go this route as I could be looking in the help's
for hours.
~schaapiee