Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default recently used file list

Shari

For Excel the key is at

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\E xcel\Options

on right side screen find DefFileMRU.

Change the value from (3) to (9) by right-click on the key and Modify

I haven't been able to find a key for Access.

As far as changing permissions................StartHelp and Support
"permissions"

The admin'r must make the changes to users rights.

Gord

On Thu, 7 Sep 2006 05:54:07 -0700, Shari
wrote:

I talked with the administrator and he wasn't able to quickly find which keys
to change. Do you know which keys needs to be updated or how to change the
permissions so users have access to updating through the program?

Thank you for your reply :-)

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Shari

The Excel and maybe Access MRU list number is stored in the Registry.

Would seem you have no permission to change Registry settings.

Get your admin'r to make the changes for you.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 6 Sep 2006 11:23:02 -0700, Shari
wrote:

I have this problem in both Excel and Access (but not word). I can't seem to
get the recenly used file list to stay set to 9 files. It always defaults
back to 4. When the administrator is logged into the computer, this doesn't
seem to be an issue, just happens when I am logged in. Any suggestions on
how to fix this?

Thank you.