Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Louise Louise is offline

Default Scatter chart

thank you for replying. This is going to sound really stupid, but where's
the attached chart you have created??

Louise

"Shefali" wrote:

Hello Loiuse,

I dont know if this is how you want to see the chart but I have tried to get
you a chart with the sample data.

You can choose the standard type XY scatter chart, click next and then when
u choose the data source, choose series in columns, click next again and then
go to data labels, check the X axis value.

Hope this should give you what you want.

"Louise" wrote:

Hi all
I have created a basic worksheet, as shown below, and am trying to create a
scatter chart from the results. The problem I have is that I want each Point
on the chart to show the corresponding letter in Column A, however, if I
include Column A in the range, this is obviously shown on th chart as well,
which is incorrect.

A B C

a 1 2
b 2 4
c 3 2
d 4 3
e 5 7
f 6 1
g 7 9
h 8 4
I 9 5
j 10 6
k 11 3
l 12 10
m 13 8
n 14 9

Any idea how I can do this? (I do have a worksheet containing the basic
data and chart so far if anybody is willing to take a look?)

Thank you.

Louise