Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default Save user-defined chart types in a shared Excel template?

No offense, but you don't know how to do this. Your process will overwrite
each user's custom chart gallery. Not a graceful deployment mechanism. If
someone did this to me, I would be very upset.

Here is a link to my post from a couple years back, in which I described how
to distribute user defined chart types with a workbook and a small macro. No
users' charts are harmed by this process.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Angela's Diner" <Angela's wrote in message
I KNOW HOW TO DO THIS!!
Finally I can help somebody out after getting help from this forum as a
lurker for years.

OK, the file that gets created/populated with the user-defined charts is
called XLUSRGAL.xls .

You will have to copy this file to the correct location in Documents and
Settings on each individual system in order for the users to have access
your chart templates. Here's my path C:\Documents and
Settings\"username"\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel

Obviously "username" is what you replace with each user's name. I've
shared
and modified user-defined charts and successfully shared them between 3
systems this way.

props to Chip who originally discovered this one,

"graphicslady" wrote:

I am trying to create a template to be distributed throughout the company
aid in the creation of standard charts -- colors, patterns, fonts, etc.
Unfortunately, Ihave not been able to get the user-defined chart types to
save with the template. Is it possible to do this? I'm new to Excel, so I
hope I'm just missing something.