Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Matt Matt is offline

Default remove zero value cells when printing.

Many thanks Gord.

I may use this way if i cannot find a more efficient way, but could you tell
me if there is a way that excel can scan for these empty columns
automatically and hide them? Basically, the spreadsheet is designed to log
wakeup calls for a hotel, so Column A has a list of times ranging from 4:00am
to 11:00am with 5 minute intervals, then the next 100 columns are allocated
to each bedroom in the hotel. The formulas i have entered will scan another
worksheet in my workbook for a wakeup call and then flag up the room number
in the appropriate column on the row that matches the time requested
(confused yet?). Now, if for example, room 170 (column M) and room 70
(Column D) both request a call at 7:00am, there are another 8 columns between
these room, if those rooms request calls at a different time to 7:00am, then
there will be a huge gap between rooms 70 and 170. I am tryin to make that
gap disappear so that it is easier to read. I am not fussed about how it
looks on screen, it's only when it prints that it needs to be easy to read.
I'm sorry for being a pain in the a** but i appreciate your input. :P

Kind regards
Matt

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Matt

Select any columns with no data and FormatColumnHide.

They will not print.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 6 Sep 2006 18:23:02 -0700, Matt wrote:

Hi. I have created a spread sheet that is over 100 columns wide and 85 rows
high. This 100 x 80 range draws its information from another worksheet
within my workbook, however, when i print it i would like it to print all off
the data to the left of the page. For example, if there is data in columns
D, E AND F, no data in G, H and I, and then data again in J, K and L, I want
it to ignore G, H and I when it prints so that columns F and J are side by
side. I hope this makes sense. I can provide you with a copy of the
document if you need it so you can see for yourself what it is i am trying to
achieve.

Many thanks
Matt