Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
[email protected] joeu2004@hotmail.com is offline

Default calculate taxes

B.W. wrote:
I have columns of sale items that need to have two taxes 7% & 6% added to
them. I can do one by but not sure how to combine them. ie 100+7+6=113. What
is the formula for this. I am relatively new to this.

If you can do one, ostensibly it would seem "obvious" how to do two.
It would be helpful if you posted the formulas that you use to compute
one, so that we might understand your confusion better and offer some
help.

For example, if your sale price is in A1 and you can compute the total
with 7% tax added in A2 with =A1*(1+7%), you could compute the total
with combined 7% and 6% tax with =A1*(1+7%+6%), or do the addition in
your head and formulate it as =A1*(1+13%). Since that seems too
obvious, I suspect I have over-simplified your problem or how you want
to structure the solution.