Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
MarkN MarkN is offline

Default Summing a column with formula value...

The formula below should solve the problem:
=IF(ISERROR(SUM(L5:L38)),"",SUM(L35:L38))
The value error is likely being generated by an error in the summed range,
meaning that the summed total will return the error.
--
Hope this helps,
MarkN

"Jay" wrote:

The formula I have is the standard: =Sum(L35:L38), however, it generates a
"#Value!" error if cell L36 and L37 arblank or have no value. Any work
arounds out there? I know there has to be.

This formular works fine for the previous summing cell above the cell in
question: =If(Sum(L18:L34=0,"",Sum(L18:L34)), why not for the other?

Thanks