Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
S. Bevins S. Bevins is offline

Default Can you lookup a value & get the cell reference?

I have a workbook with two sheets. I am trying to look up a value in cell A1
of Sheet 1 in colum A through C of Sheet 2. When it finds the value, I want
it to return a reference to the cell where it was found (or somehow tell me
where it was found).

I could reduce my search to just column A of Sheet 2, but I would prefer not
to since there are some cases were the value is in column C. I have not been
able to find a lookup function that returns a reference. Is this possible?