Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default look for parts off contents in a cell

=isnumber(search("black",a1))

would return true or false if black is found (or not found).

And =search() doesn't care about case Black, BLACk, BlAcK are all treated the
same.

If you want a case sensitive version, use =find() instead of =search().

FreddieP wrote:

Hi I wonder if someone can tell me if there is a formula that can find a
specific vword in a cell containing more than the specific word.

lets say the full contens in the cell is "the car is black" and I would it
to look for just the word "black", is this possible?

--

Dave Peterson