Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
shail shail is offline

Default why can't I average 36 values?

hi Dave,

Sorry to confuse you, but I just wanted if you can answer it back from
where someone has asked you the question. So that anyone can read the
question and your answer too.

Thanks again Dave,

Shail

Dave F wrote:
Hi Shail,

I'm not sure what you mean by the Questioner's Forum?
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"shail" wrote:

hi Dave,

You should answer back in the Questioner's forum. Your answers are
always good, but I need the questions too.

Hope you will help me too to understand your posts.

Thanks,

Shail

Dave F wrote:
What formula are you using?

I'm not aware of such a limit, however, if there were such a limit, the
solution would be to split the range of cells to be averaged into to ranges,
average each of those ranges, and then average the two averages.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"pingwin77" wrote:

I am trying to average 36 seperate values in 36 different cells but I keep
getting an error. Is there a limit on how many cells can be used in a
function? If not, what am I doing wrong? If there is a limit, how do I get
around this issue?