Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
terrideo terrideo is offline

Default Formatting part of text

No, it's only text. No numbers, formulas or functions.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Is the value in the cell text or a formula (or even a number)?

This kind of character by character formatting only works with text.

So you couldn't use a strikethrough font for just "hello" in the following
formula:
="Hello from us on " & text(today(),"mm/dd/yyyy")

terrideo wrote:

I have text in a cell, and I want to format part of it (one word) with a
strike-through font. I selected the word and right clicked, clicked Format
cells, and selected the Strike-through box. While I'm in the edit mode for
that cell, I can see the formatting, but when I click Enter or move to
another cell, the strike-through disappears and only the defaulf format
shows.

I have had the same problem when I've tried to used colored text or
underlining in part of a cell. But I know it's possible to format part of a
cell, because I've done it on other worksheets!

Does anyone know what I might be missing?

--

Dave Peterson