Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
terrideo terrideo is offline

Default Formatting part of text

That's what I did. As long as I'm in edit mode I can see the change, but
when I click Enter or move to another cell, the format doesn't show up.

Is there some setting that allows you to see partial formats?

"stevebriz" wrote:

Click on the cell then in the bar at the top that shows what is in the
cell
highlight with mouse the 3 part of the text you want to change then
Rightclick ( where the text is highlighted)and choose strikethrough.

terrideo wrote:
I have text in a cell, and I want to format part of it (one word) with a
strike-through font. I selected the word and right clicked, clicked Format
cells, and selected the Strike-through box. While I'm in the edit mode for
that cell, I can see the formatting, but when I click Enter or move to
another cell, the strike-through disappears and only the defaulf format
shows.

I have had the same problem when I've tried to used colored text or
underlining in part of a cell. But I know it's possible to format part of a
cell, because I've done it on other worksheets!

Does anyone know what I might be missing?