Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
stevebriz stevebriz is offline

Default Excel - Importing Text Files

Is there anywhere in the spreadsheet before import that Indentifies the
building you are in ?
Or maybe you could use the computer or user name to create link to the
correct TXT file.
eg:
if building1 or compname1 or user name1 then import textfile1.txt
else
if building2 or compname2 or user name2 then import textfile1.txt
End if

PW11111 wrote:
Hi,

I have designed a spread sheet - it automatically imports two .txt files.

Now I have the generic sheet I need to duplicate it for every building my
company has.

I've made a new folder for each building. Each folder has a copy of the
spreadsheet and its specific .txt files (which are always called the same).

However - the sheet always references the original .txt files I used when I
designed the sheet.

I need someway to tell the spreadsheet to import the .txt files located in
the same folder.

Any help would be great.

Cheers,
Phil