Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
capnhud capnhud is offline

Default copy and paste with multiple selections in Microsoft Excel

Edit Nevermind I see that all I have to do is export the module to reuse
anytime that I want. Thanks so much for the help.

"capnhud" wrote:

Yes I did I was naming the cell myself instead of just selecting the cell in
another worksheet. Once I did that everything worked perfectly. How do I go
about saving this macro to reuse anytime that I want?

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

You missed something.

I followed the exact steps before I posted those instructions and the code ran
fine for me.

Keep trying.

Gord

On Tue, 5 Sep 2006 12:53:02 -0700, capnhud
wrote:

For some reason it did not work.
I followed your instructions and when I ran the macro I got an error 400

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

My instructions are for just copying the code from the site and pasting to a
module.

You also have the option to download a workbook with the code already in it.

I find it easier to copy/paste directly than downloading a workbook and opening
it then copy/pasting from that book to yours.

Gord

On Tue, 5 Sep 2006 11:12:01 -0700, capnhud
wrote:

Just was not sure if I could use it or not. But it seems the download
provides an exe file do I just install the code instead?

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

The code you find at John's site does work with Excel 2003.

To use it................

First make a good backup of you workbook.

With your workbook open, hit ALT + F11 to go to Visual Basic Editor.

Hit CTRL + r to open the Project Explorer.

Select your workbook/project and right-clickInsertModule.

Copy and Paste John's code into that module

ALT + q to return to the Excel window.

Select your non-contiguous ranges to copy by using the CTRL key + click

ToolsMacroMacros and select the macro and run it.

You will be asked to select the top left cell of the paste-to range.

Select another worksheet and a cell and OK.

Paste will preserve the spacings you desire.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 5 Sep 2006 01:42:01 -0700, capnhud
wrote:

I would like to be able to select multiple rows, columns or cells and then
paste the information into a different worksheet or workbook. But every time
that I try to accomplish this I get an error that the copy command does not
work on multiple selections. Is there a way around this?

I found this page http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/tips/tip36.htm that may help
solve the problem but I do not know how to use it or even if it will work in
Excel 2003. If it can't how do I go about modifying it so that it can be
used? Any help in this would be greatly appreciated.