Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
FSt1 FSt1 is offline

Default adding a code to calculate how much time is lost

hi,
I think the =sumif formula would be your best bet.
since you are seperating the codes, you would need a sumif for each code.
you could put the sumif formulas in a special "summary" column. you could
then sum the sumif's.
if your codes were in column a and your downtimes were in column b then

=sumif(A1:A100,"M",B1:B100) 'M for macanical

look up sumif in help for more info.

Regards
FSt1

"vwghia21" wrote:

At work I am building a downtime sheet. The codes we are using in one colum
is SC for sawchange, R for Rocks, N for nails, M for Mecanical, E for
Electical and F for flow of production. On the column next to the code
column we fill in how much downtime we lost for the day. How can I keep
track of how much down time was for each code? I just can't figure out how to
seperant the time for the differnent codes? Thank-you for all who can help
--
This is what you get