keigwin

I was having the same problem, and your tip (format to general and edit)
solved it. Why would Excel work that way? Seems like a bug.

"Ragdyer" wrote:

Thanks for the feed-back ... BUT ... out of curiosity,
Which one "did the trick" ?

RD

"Mindie" wrote in message
Thanks, that did the trick!

"RagDyeR" wrote:

Look at:
<Tools <Options <View tab,
And make sure that "Formulas" is *UNchecked*.

If it already is unchecked, try this:

Select the cell with the "bad " formula, then:
<Ctrl <Shift <~
Then,
<F2
Then
<Enter

What you did here was format the cell to "General", then re-entered it.
--

HTH,

RD

"Mindie" wrote in message
The formula result does not display in the cell, instead the formula

itself
displays in the cell. I have tried different formats but continue to

have
the same problems.