Dave Peterson

Not quite sure what you're doing, but maybe you could use a macro:

Option Explicit
Sub testme01()

Dim iCtr As Long

For iCtr = 1 To Worksheets.Count
With Worksheets(iCtr).PageSetup
.LeftHeader = "Number: " & Format(iCtr, "000")
End With
Next iCtr
End Sub

I'd record one when I did the page setup manually for one page and then try to
generalize it and cycle through the worksheets.

itguyintrainin wrote:

I am trying to automatically number 35 sheets within the same workbook, using
the header/footer custom option. I am unable to get each tab to see one
another and sucessfully number each tab (sheet) within the workbook. It will
start to number a few, then the formatting will stop. I am running Office XP
SP3, on XP SP2. All help greatly appreciated.

--

Dave Peterson