Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
[email protected] db_murray@yahoo.com is offline

Default Text String Seperation.

I need to take a text string that has a Stock Option description in a
text string (i.e. ADM Dec 2006 40.0000 put). I want to divide up the
text string and have each word in its own cell. I can not figure out
how to do it. Problems arise b/c the stock symbol can have one to four
characters (i.e. X or MSFT).

What is the best way to do it so it automatically does it? I would
prefer to use some sort of function that counts the spaces and gives
the next word or something like that.

I realize I can use the Text-to-columns but I really want to automate
tha step so the uses of my spreadsheet dont have to go deeper than the
first worksheet.

DM