Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Roger Govier Roger Govier is offline

Default Adding rows in Excel worksheets and 'deduping' - an extra twist

Hi Janev

No problem, just extend the data range in the Pivot Table. If the table
is likely to grow in length, it would probably be best to set up a
defined dynamic range for the source data.
InsertNameDefineName Mydata Refers to
=OFFSET($A$1,0,0,COUNTA($A:$A),7)

When setting up the PT, instead of pointing to the range, or accepting
what Excel thinks is the range, enter =Mydata.
In addition to Max's other instruction, in the Layout section drag
Payroll Number to the Row Area, and place it above Staff Member.
When you are viewing the final PT, double click on the Field name
Payroll Number and set Subtotals to None.

Post back if you have any more difficulties.
--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Janev" wrote in message
Hullo Everyone out there,

I went to work and tried the PT solution and it worked, well, EXCEPT I
forgot to add a column in my dummy table.
What I'm working with is a column with a payroll number as well as the
name and the task columns.

Can anyone help with this permutation please?

I have a table of staff members and tasks set out as follows (the real
one is a lot bigger)

Payroll
No. Name Task 1 Task 2 Task 3 Task 4 Total
423 Staff member 1 1 2 3 1 7

555 Staff member 2 1 2 4 1 5
108 Staff member 3 3 1 3 5 4
321 Staff member 4 1 2 4 2 9