Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default Parseing Text strings

Highlight the column with the data in and use Data | Text-to-columns
specifying a space as the delimiter. Your date will be split, but you
can easily recombine this if you want to.

Hope this helps.

Pete

wrote:
I need to take a text string that has a Stock Option description in a
text string (i.e. ADM Dec 2006 40.0000 put). I want to divide up the
text string and have each word in its own cell. I can not figure out
how to do it. Problems arise b/c the stock symbol can have one to four
characters (i.e. X or MSFT).

What is the best way to do it so it automatically does it? I would
prefer to use some sort of function that counts the spaces and gives
the next word or something like that.

DM