Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Custom formatting for text cells

Custom formatting only works with numbers and it can't change values.

If the only time SCF appears in any of the cells is at the beginning, then maybe
an Edit|Replace would work for you.

wrote:

Hi,

Not sure if this is possible but I have a column of text cells some
starting witih SCF and the others without an SCF. I was hoping to get
rid of the SCF on the cells that have them by using custom formatting.
I do not want to create another column and use an if statment to get
rid of the SCF because this will affect other things.

Thanks,

morgan

--

Dave Peterson