Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default Adding rows in Excel worksheets and 'deduping'

Hi Max,

I did notice that in my testing and decided it was a typo, so I changed it
in my tests. Shouldn't have I suppose, should have just tested it like our
Welsh friend suggested.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Max" wrote in message
Bob,

Thought it was a super sub, notwithstanding Janev's preference for the
pivot-table approach <bg. Tested the sub with the data as posted. The sub
ended up with the desired results, but it apparently distinguished the

case
for "Staff member 4", viz there were 2 lines:

Staff member 4 1 2 4 2 9
staff member 4 3 1 2 4 10

Strangely, the pivot table doesn't have this case sensitivity issue, it

gives:
Staff member 4 4 3 6 6 19

Is there a way to have your sub ignore the case and produce the same

result
as the pivot table? Thanks.
--
Max