Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
SteveW SteveW is offline

Default repeated formulas in excel

Check Rogers' answer about the double click,
can save a lot of time

Steve

On Tue, 05 Sep 2006 09:58:02 +0100, Joyce
wrote:

Cheers Steve! That's so easy, I'd been trying to click and paste and jsut
wasn't working for me, obviously. Thanks!

"SteveW" wrote:

Either drag the cell with the formula down as much as required
(drag by the black cross on the bottom right corner)
Or just copy and paste the cell
If you have b1=a1/5 for example
as you copy b1 to b2,b3,b4 the formula will change to a2/5 etc etc

Steve

On Tue, 05 Sep 2006 09:33:01 +0100, Joyce
wrote:

I want to use the same formula a load of times in one column, the only
thing
differing being the cell number it's working on.
Kinda like adding up 2 cells on the left, and putting it in a new

cell on
the right, and doing that 100 times