Ken Wright

Do you want the AB= and the CD= bits?

When you say constant I assume you mean all entries are initially preceded
with AB= etc.

Select all your data and do Edit / Replace / Replace what = 'AB= ' (No
quotes but include the space), replace with just leave blank. Now repeat
for CD=

Select column of data, do Data / Text To Columns / delimited, tick comma hit
OK

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

"Nicole L." wrote in message
How can I extract into separate cells the following type of data that's
currently in one cell of a spreadsheet (of course there are many entries

just
like this so I want to automate how to extract out into 2 cells that which

is
currently in one cell)

AB= smithj, CD= John Smith

Where "AB=" and "CD=" and the comma are all constant in all the cells?

I just want that first half (before the comma) extracted into a cell and

the
second half into a cell... but for a huge spreadsheet full of rows with

that
data in it.

Thanks for any info on code/formula/process for this!