Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default Conditional Format

Surely, that is because your formula returns the cell address not the cell
content.

Try =ISBLANK(A1) or wherever you put the CF.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"DaveyJones" wrote in message
I changed that slightly as I have a block of cells that needs the format

so I
put

=ISBLANK(ADDRESS(ROWS(),COLUMN())) but it still keeps the cell highlighted
green. Even using the ISBLANK formula it still does not change the format.
I'm stumped by this...

--
Dave

"Toppers" wrote:

Dave,

Try:

1st condition Formula is: =ISBLANK(A1) ... no format set

2nd condition: Cell Value is: Greater than 0 (green)

3rd Condition: Cell value is: Less than 0 (red)

HTH

"DaveyJones" wrote:

Probably quite an easy one but i'm trying to get the cell to be green

if it
is above 0, red if it is below and no colour if it is 0, however, the

values
in the cells are part of a formula ie

If(A1="", "", B1-C2)

so if A1 is blank, the current cell will be blank. But for some reason

the
condional format see's the formula as being greater than 0 and

whatever I do,
it colours the cell green, any suggestions??
--
Dave