Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
DaveyJones DaveyJones is offline

Default Conditional Format

Genius, sorry, me being thick. So don't use the current cell, use the cell
your checking if it's blank to determine the format. OK, thanks alot. It's
one of those why didn't i think of that situations.

--
Dave

"Toppers" wrote:

Dave,
Highlight the cells to which you want to apply the CF and then
enter the CF conditions.

In my testing, I had your formula =IF(A1="","",B1-C1) in column D and copied
down for say 10 cells. I highlighted column D and set the CF conditions and
it worked OK.
All postive results were green, negative red and where A1 was blank, the
cell was blank.

I copied the formula to column E and it worked except for change below (as
copying changed reference to B1):

1st condition should be =ISBLANK($A1)

HTH

"DaveyJones" wrote:

I changed that slightly as I have a block of cells that needs the format so I
put

=ISBLANK(ADDRESS(ROWS(),COLUMN())) but it still keeps the cell highlighted
green. Even using the ISBLANK formula it still does not change the format.
I'm stumped by this...

--
Dave

"Toppers" wrote:

Dave,

Try:

1st condition Formula is: =ISBLANK(A1) ... no format set

2nd condition: Cell Value is: Greater than 0 (green)

3rd Condition: Cell value is: Less than 0 (red)

HTH

"DaveyJones" wrote:

Probably quite an easy one but i'm trying to get the cell to be green if it
is above 0, red if it is below and no colour if it is 0, however, the values
in the cells are part of a formula ie

If(A1="", "", B1-C2)

so if A1 is blank, the current cell will be blank. But for some reason the
condional format see's the formula as being greater than 0 and whatever I do,
it colours the cell green, any suggestions??
--
Dave