Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JMB JMB is offline

Default Filter list and delete

I've noticed that using the filter tends to cause Excel to recalculate.
Maybe try setting calculation to manual (Tools/Options/Calcuation) before
filtering.

"OfficeNDN" wrote:

Is there a formula or function that would do the filtering for me? All this
editing of my data takes a long long time.

"JMB" wrote:

Column E and Row 2??

If you have two columns w/transaction amounts and want to delete those where
both are zero, filter both columns for zero and delete the results (you can
delete the entire row so when you turn off autofilter there are no gaps in
your data).

If it is an OR situation, filter one column at a time and delete the data.

Either way be sure to back up your data.

"OfficeNDN" wrote:

I have two sets of transaction receipts that I would like to filter? or
whatever, in order to delete some transactions. The data are in columns
(assume Column E and Row 2). The particular transactions I would like to
delete are the transactions that are for a zero (0) amount. The column is
formatted for numbers with no decimal points.

I figure I might have to have one of those "IF" statements but I am unsure
how to do it.