Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
kyoshirou kyoshirou is offline

Default Column fill first

i know columnA cannot have 2 forumula.
You mean use =B2<"" inside columnB,
then coulmnA use back =COUNTIF(A:A,A1)=1?
It cant works.
please advice.

Thanks!

"Earl Kiosterud" wrote:

kyoshirou,

If you put a formula in column A, then it will be over-written when people
enter stuff into column A. Instead, use Data - Validation in column B. Set
it to "Custom." This formula is for where B2 is the active (white) cell of
your selection.

=A2<""

Be sure that "Ignore blank" is not checked.
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com
"kyoshirou" wrote in message
hi all,
i have a simple questions to ask:
I have column A & column B.
In order to make it for users to fill in column B first, I need this
forumla, =ISTEXT(B1) in column A right? So that users cannot enter data in
columnA first. However, I have another forumla in columnA,
=COUNTIF(A:A,A1)=1
to help me check for repeated data.

Therefore, =ISTEXT(B1) cannot be placed inside columnA.
So, I would like to ask, if there others way? (I dont wish to create
another
column for it).
Also, =COUNTIF(A:A,A1)=1 and =ISTEXT(B1) cannot be combined togther as
one?

thanks.