IC

I'm not sure where you're going wrong with this. I just tried it on a new
sheet and seems to work.

These are the steps I took. Maybe you did something different which changes
the way it works.

In column starting at row 1 I entered numbers 1 to 10
I selected A1 and entered your conditional formatting Condition 1 as Formula
is then pasted your formula into it and selected the required format.
I copied the cell, selected the entire sheet and did a Paste Special,
pasting format only.
Rows 2,4,6,8 & 10 were all shaded as were rows 11 and below as a blank cell
is seen as 0.

"hhunt" wrote in message
I apologize if this is a duplicate post, not sure what happened to the post
was working on.

I have a spreadsheet with a column of numbers... the rest of the data is
text or dates. What I am trying to do is shade the row that contains an
even
number in the column that contains the numbers.

I've been able to shade the cell that contains the even number by choosing
only the column with the numbers, and using the following in the
conditional
format:
=MOD($A1,2)=0
However, when I try to select all and apply the exact same formula
(thinking
it would only look at column A)... the entire spreadsheet gets shaded.

I'm very new to conditional formatting - any ideas?

Thanks!