Peo Sjoblom

Try

=AND(MOD($A1,2)=0,ISNUMBER($A1))

note that dates are numbers

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"hhunt" wrote in message
I apologize if this is a duplicate post, not sure what happened to the

post I
was working on.

I have a spreadsheet with a column of numbers... the rest of the data is
text or dates. What I am trying to do is shade the row that contains an

even
number in the column that contains the numbers.

I've been able to shade the cell that contains the even number by choosing
only the column with the numbers, and using the following in the

conditional
format:
=MOD($A1,2)=0
However, when I try to select all and apply the exact same formula

(thinking
it would only look at column A)... the entire spreadsheet gets shaded.

I'm very new to conditional formatting - any ideas?

Thanks!