Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RagDyeR RagDyeR is offline

Default How do I automatically copy contact information?

Original datalist in A1 to D100, with the columns in the order of your
example.

Say you intend to enter contact name in J1, and expect to return the other
information into K1, L1, and M1.

Try this in K1:

=IF(ISNA(MATCH($J1,$A$1:$A$100,0)),"Name
Missing",VLOOKUP($J1,$A$1:$D$100,COLUMNS($A:B),0))

Then copy K1 across to M1.
If you wish, you can then select K1 to M1, and copy down as needed.
--
HTH,

RD

"Miguel" <there_is_this_distance_between_me_and_what_i_see@ hotmail.com
wrote in message ...
I have a list of contacts that I often enter into the same table in excel.
The name, address, post code and telephone number are in seperate cells.

Can
anyone show me a way of automatically completing the rest of the contact
information after I enter their name in another cell? I tried creating a
lookup table but I'm not really sure how to automate the process. Any help
would be wonderful!

Thanks,

Miguel