Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ChrisM ChrisM is offline

Default Excel 2007 Display value based on values in another column ran

Date Balance Payment Extra Principle (varies) Ending Bal
1/1/06 200,000 1000 1000
198,000
2/1/06 198,000 1000 -
197,000
3/1/06 197,000 1000 2000
194,000

Once the ending balance reaches a certain value, I want to know that date
(column A). I want to watch the Ending Balance value and once it reaches a
threshold, I want to capture the date.

ie. if endingbal < 197500, print date. The problem is that the ending
balance is not on a set schedule since the extra principle I pay varies. I
need to monitor a range in the last column, locate the threshold value and
then display the corresponding date.