Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
[email protected] rudyburt@bellsouth.net is offline

Default update week to week in excel.

Sorry I didn't realize you answered with additional questions.
My report is all on one sheet. I use the same sheet each week. I enter
numbers for each day on Sunday night. I have formulas in place for traffic
count updates.
I save this information and then next week when I open the report the week
number is the same. so I usually type in the next week . This week 38 next
week 39 and so on.
cell b3 has the week number. Is there a function to update this number only
from week 1, to week 2, to week 3. each week. I saved last nights work for
week 36. Next week when I do my report I would like the report to reflect
week 37 without manually typing 37 in that particular cell.

"JLatham" wrote:

Oops - got posted twice. I responded to your other posting.

"Rudy" wrote:

New to excel. My weekly traffic report is updated weekly by me. I'm on week
36. next week when I update the report can the week automatically update to
week 37, the next week 38, etc. without manually typing it each week.
Also can the date change from 9/3/2006 to 9/10/2006 and advance 7 days each
time I do my report automatically.
In other words, I don't want to type in the week # or next week's date
manually.
Hope this makes sense. Probably pretty basic.
Thanks