Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Toppers Toppers is offline

Default Calculating differences in time. PLs Help

Use a format of [h]" hours and" mm "mins"

(See replies to your identical question on 31st August ("Difference between
two times")

"Jester" wrote:

I have a timesheet and I have a simple formula that calculates the diff
between 2 times and goes something like this:

= (B4-A4)*24

Where B4 = 4:45 PM and A4 = 7:15 AM

The result (formatted correctly) is 9.50 Hrs

I can continue dong this row after row and eventually total it at the bottom
and get something like 440.15 Hrs

So what's my question? What happens if I want this formula modified so that
the result can be expressed as something like :

9 Hours and 30 Minutes

Can someone help? (Pls bear in mind that whatever the answer I still need
to be able to go to the bottom of all the calculated differences and add up
a total, so as to end up with a string like" 120 Hours and 35 Minutes "

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Many Thanks

John - Sydney AUSTRALIA