Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JLatham JLatham is offline

Default Nested If Function

I plugged your data and formula into a worksheet using the very same cells
and it works just fine for me. Double-check the format of the 3 cells (A7,
H3, I3) and make sure they are all formatted as Date. Might be that one or
more is formatted as text and isn't being handled properly.

Only thing - note that you're comparing dates in H3 and I3 to a date down in
A7, 4 rows down. If you meant to compare to date on same row, then change A7
in your formula to A3??

"David" wrote:

Column A has dates.
Cell H3 is a start date. Cell I3 is an end date.
I want to display Y in Column J if the date in Column A lies between the two
dates in H3-I3.
I'm using this formula, but get a Y even when the date in Column A is
outside the date range.

=IF(AND(A7=H3,A7<=I3),"Y","N")
H3 = 09-01-06
I3 = 09-04-06
Still displays Y when date is 9-5-06 or above.

Need help!