Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Debra Dalgleish Debra Dalgleish is offline

Default Need help with max and if formula

And I think Bob meant to type - alt.philosophy.confusionism

Dave Peterson wrote:
Ahhh. I multiposted to that group! <gd&r

Bob Phillips wrote:

wrong group - alt.philosophy.confucianism

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message

Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn every so often!

Biff wrote:

Hint: use a combination of INDEX, MATCH and MAX.

Or read Dave's reply!

Biff

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message

Say you have the names in A1:A100. And the quantity of cars sold in
B1:B100.

You could use a formula like:

=index(a1:a100,match(max(b1:b100),b1:b100,0 ))

to get the first person with the maximum number.

If you could have ties, I think I'd just use Data|Filter|Autofilter on
column B
to show the highest number.

jeremiahw23 wrote:

I need to create a cell entry that displays the name of the

salesperson

who
sold the most cars in the quarter. Use a combination of the ?oIF?

and

"MAX"
functions to do this. Hint: you will need to use these functions

function

multiple times in the same formula to do this.

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson