Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Suresh Suresh is offline

Default Indirect

I am trying to build a database which will contain data from various other
workbooks. I used Indirect function to create the same, which apparently has
a limitation that it will work only when the external workbook is open. Are
there any ways to work around this - i.e. any other changes to the formula or
any other formulas? I use concatenate to combine various other fields in the
database to create a file name, sheet name and cell reference which will then
be combined with indirect to return values from the external workbook