Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bigwheel bigwheel is offline

Default how do I change the content of one cell based on another?

There is a way. Whether it's simple is a matter for you to decide!

First, make a list of your items and their unit price (probably best on a
separate sheet)

Then, under your item header, create a selectable list using Data, Validation.
The settings should be Allow List, Source =your list (the help file is quite
good at explaining this - Create a drop-down list from a range of cells)

Next, under Unit price you'll need a formula to lookup your selected Item
and fill in the price. Something like
=IF(A2="","",LOOKUP(A2,Sheet2!$A$1:$A$100,Sheet2!$ B$1:$B$100))

This will take care of your requirement of deleting an item, the value is
blanked out.

Finally a formula to calculate the Total =IF(A2="","",B2*C2) again checking
the item is present to avoid an error in the calculation.

Give it a try, see if it meets your requirements

"Barry" wrote:

ITEM UNIT PRICE QTY
TOTAL

When an Item is selected It will fill in a Unit Price. User will enter
Quanity needed. Total will be calculated. If an Item is deleted, I'd like
for the Qty to revert to 0.00. Is there a simple way?