Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Everett Everett is offline

Default Count the number of times a cell value is within a specific ra

This may also help

Problem 1:
Column E Column J
0923 Assault
0945 ADW
1159 Assault
0901 Assault

How many "Assault" calls were there between 0900 and 1000?

Problem2:
Column B Column E Column J
Bill 0923 Assault
Jim 0945 ADW
Bill 1159 Assault
Adam 0901 Assault

How many "Assault" calls did Bill take between 0900 hrs. and 1000 hrs.?

"Don Guillett" wrote:

try using sumproduct
=sumproduct((rngAcriteria)*(rngA<criteria))

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Everett" wrote in message
I am looking for a formula that will count the number of times a specific
task (in column J) occurs within a given time range (in column E).

Example, how many times does "A" occur between 0800 hrs. and 0900 hrs.

I also need a second formula that sorts the above for each employee.

The times are currently being inputed as a number 0800, 0812, etc and not
actually military times.

Thanks for any assistance I may get.