Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Everett Everett is offline

Default Count the number of times a cell value is within a specific ra

That did not help.

Let me further explain what I am trying to accomplish. I am a crime scene
investigator. Investigators take various calls, such as assaults. The
receive the calls at various times throught the day. I am trying to count
the number of times the entire unit responded to an assault call between 0800
hrs. and 0900 hrs.

I then want to count the number of times an individual investigator took the
same call between 0800 hrs. and 0900 hrs.

There are 26 different types of calles we respond to through out the day.
The types of calls are in column J. The times I am wanting to use in the
counting criteria are in column E.

Everett

"Don Guillett" wrote:

try using sumproduct
=sumproduct((rngAcriteria)*(rngA<criteria))

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Everett" wrote in message
I am looking for a formula that will count the number of times a specific
task (in column J) occurs within a given time range (in column E).

Example, how many times does "A" occur between 0800 hrs. and 0900 hrs.

I also need a second formula that sorts the above for each employee.

The times are currently being inputed as a number 0800, 0812, etc and not
actually military times.

Thanks for any assistance I may get.