Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default writing on an excel file

If the file is marked readonly, that's not enough to stop you from making
changes in the worksheet.

But it is enough to stop you from saving the file under that same path/name.

I'm gonna guess that Gord got the prize with the excel viewer.

If you only have that viewer, you may find that this allows you to make changes
you can save:

You may want to try OpenOffice on your home computer:
http://www.openoffice.org, a 60-104 meg download or a CD

(It's a free download. You pay minor money for the shipping and handling the
cd.)

RITZ wrote:

my employer emailed me an expense report and i downloaded excel. i can't seem
to write on this document. is it because its a read only fiel? how do i
convert it to be able to edit and write in my expenxes? HELP!!!!!!

--

Dave Peterson