Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Epinn Epinn is offline

Default How can i modify document and unlock

In case link is broken, here's excerpt:

***********************************
Word/Excel file locked for editing
From Start=Find/Search locate the files with this string
~$*.do*;*.tmp
and delete them then start Word and see if you can access
the files.
When there is a crash Word doesn't have the chance to clearup
the open temp files and can think that your file is still
in use.

Bob Buckland ?:-) MS Office Products family MVP
Look for Excel .tmp files and delete.
I haven't tried this. Just quoting from an expert.
http://groups.google.ca/group/micros...wse_thread/thr
ead/6a0a8cde4502ec8b/e6cef89656dc2210%23e6cef89656dc2210

Hope this helps.

Epinn

"Epinn" wrote in message

Check this out:-

http://groups.google.ca/group/micros...wse_thread/thr
ead/6a0a8cde4502ec8b/e6cef89656dc2210%23e6cef89656dc2210

Epinn

"Blondie" wrote in message
After installing microsoft office 2003 I used it a few times, now when I

go
into type a document I get a message at the bottom of the screen saying

the
modification of the document is not allowed as it is locked. Please can
anyone help I am falling behind in my assignments. A reply for someone

not
that great on computers would help. Thanks