Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
David McRitchie David McRitchie is offline

Default Merging Cells

Hi David,
To me it looks
like you are trying to create a .csv (Comma Separated Values)
file, which Excel is perfectly able to create with a File, Save As
and for more troublesome stuff you can use a macro

Comma Separated Values, .CSV files
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/csv.htm

Are you Sure you need everything in one cell. After you get
everything in one cell, what do you do with it. If it is simply
paste it into notepad then you could have created the flat
file directly out of Excel.
Create CSV files from each sheet in selection, Dave Peterson, 2005-09-15, public.excel
http://groups.google.com/groups?thre...zonXSPAM.ne t
=--
HTH,
David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel

"David" wrote in message ...
Hi

I have a list of a couple of thousand postcodes in a column in a
spreadsheet. Each postcode occupies its own cell. Examples of each postcode
might be AB10 or AB11 or AB12 etc. I want to cut and paste these postcodes
to another sheet, many codes to be pasted into single cells.

I tried to merge the cells as they stand so that I could collectively copy
and paste them but excel says that the cells contain multiple data values
and won;t let me merge them.

Can anyone tell me how to do this without cutting and pasting the contents
of each cell, one at a time please?

Many thanks
Dave