Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default define one cell location throughout workbook?

=SUM(Sheet1:Sheet13!C33)

I prefer to insert a couple of dummy sheets at either end of my existing sheets.

Name them Start and End

Then on your YTD sheet enter

=SUM(Start:End!C33)

Will sum all C33's

When inserting a new sheet make sure you insert between Start and End sheets.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On 1 Sep 2006 15:28:00 -0700, "New_to_accounting" wrote:

Hi, first time poster. Hope someone can help.

I am trying to create a Daily Sales Workbook with one sheet acting as
the YTD report.

I would like to create a formula on the YTD sheet that pulls the value
of a constant cell location throughout the entire workbook.

for example all of my C33 cells, on every monthly sheet, represent
total blue widgets sold.

on my YTD sheet I would like to SUM all the C33 cells and populate that
value.

I can create a formula manually by adding Sheet1!C33+Sheet2!C33 etc,
but I thought there must be an easier way.

I found the GLOBAL NAMING instructions which will define a cell to be
called by any other sheet in the workbook, but I want to do the exact
opposite. Or maybe define the cell on the YTD sheet and then push the
infomation to the GLOBALLY defined cell.....

I am sure the answer is right there but I am not seeing it.

also I am wondering if the formula remove the requirement of creating
all the sheets in the book ahead of time?

Thanks in advance for a probably silly question.